Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Chevelle SS396
136 Posts
Best wishes shovelrick. I hope the procedure is as quick and painless as possible.

·
Premium Member
1970 El Camino SS396, VortecPro 467, ATI TH400, Moser 12 bolt /TruTrac 3:42, Hedman headers
791 Posts
FWIW...endoscopic procedure done if gall bladder not too inflamed, if its's really inflamed conventional surgery may be indicated, don't procrastinate, wife had hers done in AM, home in mid-afternoon with minimal pain / discomfort. Make sure your surgeon has done several of these every year, ask how many, ask about post-op complications in last 2 yrs...experience means a lot here, you only go this way once.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Best of luck. Ex had hers done years ago just after college. Once she went in i hardly had enough time to go get a coffee before they called me to come get her. Very quick. Seemingly easy recovery too.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
My wife had hers done thru the holes a number of years ago. I dropped her off Friday morning, went to work, left at lunch to take her home, then back to work, and she returned to work on Monday. 99% of patients will have no issues.
Make sure they are wearing their masks :)

Reactions: shovelrick

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Best wishes Rick. You have taken a few punches lately with your wife's issues. No experience to share but firmly believe that being positive is the best way to fight a lot of things. Take care. Dunc.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks everyone, sorry to hear about some of you guys having complications, I didn't go to the ER and feeling a little better today and waiting for a call back from my gastro dr.s office so I can see him to confirm its the gall bladder then schedule the procedure rather than an ER dr doing it

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Had my done with the Laparoscopic procedure.10 years ago, veteran surgeon, nothing to it. sore for a couple days,waaaaay better than the gallstone pain. Dont procrastinate or they will have to do it the old way which is zero fun.Dont let a newbie do it,that can end up bad.My surgeon had done over 1000 .3 small cuts and one over my bellybutton for the removal point.Nothing to it,get er done.

·
Registered
508 Posts
My wife just had hers taken out about two weeks ago, it was an outpatient procedure . She was very uncomfortable for about 4 days but each day gets better . Have it done and get it behind you . Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks for the well wishes all, I see my gastro dr 7/12 and still better everyday but Im sure it'll be back if I dont take care of it soon

·
Registered
238 Posts
wife had hers removed few years ago, same as others mentioned . done in morning home earlier afternoon. Told not to lift anything and not above shoulder height for week to heal.

good luck and speedy recovery all will be good...

I know for some people certain foods will cause it to flare up, popcorn ,carrots certain types potatoes.. etc

Not sure if your doctor mentioned it or not, or if you know or happen to notice what you ate that cause flare ups.

if you refrain eating those foods until you see the gastro might reduce the inflamation....unitl they do the surgery..

just a thought

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I had an attack 3yrs ago, and ended up with a ER visit, After, I had a visit to a Dr. that kinda, recommended I have it removed. He said, you may have an attack tomorrow,next week, next month or never. Being in my 70’s, I wasn’t looking forward to any surgery, so, I have a friend, whose husband is an RN, and works in surgery, so I asked his advice . He recommended I wait. He said that I might not have another attack, and he said you don’t want to have surgery, unless you have to. I didn’t, and so far, so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone know if it's day surgery and heal up time? Mine went into attack mode 4 am, my gastro dr wasnt in today but nurse told me go to the ER but need to get the adult kids here to take care of mom first, right now I cant leave her alone more than 2-3 hrs, hoping to go tomorrow this thing really sucks
Go now and get it done. I was a day late and it was nearly fatal, 3 weeks in the hospital, $145,000 bill. Go now!

·
Premium Member
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Im feeling a lot better and want to wait to see what my regular gastro dr says after he checks me over, if it does flair up again if it is bladder Im going straight to the ER, still have a 30 day wait to see my dr though

21 - 34 of 34 Posts