Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if it's day surgery and heal up time? Mine went into attack mode 4 am, my gastro dr wasnt in today but nurse told me go to the ER but need to get the adult kids here to take care of mom first, right now I cant leave her alone more than 2-3 hrs, hoping to go tomorrow this thing really sucks

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Anyone know if it's day surgery and heal up time? Mine went into attack mode 4 am, my gastro dr wasnt in today but nurse told me go to the ER but need to get the adult kids here to take care of mom first, right now I cant leave her alone more than 2-3 hrs, hoping to go tomorrow this thing really sucks
That sucks, I feel for ya.

My niece had hers out recently. It was a day surgery, recovery time was a few weeks and she wasn’t allowed to drive for the first week. Her’s was done laparoscopically.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Had my out several years ago. Laparoscopic, walk in the park. That if is doc don't get the shakes:oops:
Don't let them keep putting it off. A ruptured GB will pert near be the death of you.
If the little devil gets to bad they ain't enough morphine or milk of amnesia to keep it knocked down!!!!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Here you go... Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy: Gallbladder Removal

Cleveland Clinic is about as good as it gets. Lots has changed about surgery. I had a triple hernia fix a year and a half ago. Laparoscopic procedure. Only evidnce a couple of puncture holes. How they do it I don't know. Moving around from the bottom, up a ways to the next and over and up to the belly button. They released me a while after I woke up, and my bro picked me. We got a couple of hamburgers on the way to his place. Finished burger and a couple of beers, and drove home.

Bro had a complete right shoulder joint replace six months ago and he is delighted with the outcome. He's looking forward to a right hip replacement in July, so he can get back to doing stuff.

Good luck on yours! :)

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
I donated a kidney to my wife last year, went in on a Friday morning, and home after lunch on Saturday, and had a beer and a cigar Saturday evening. Same as was said above, 3 little holes and one slightly larger. Never felt a thing.
The point is that modern medicine IS a marvel!

Reactions: shovelrick

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
Rick my daughter had hers taken out via scope and it was day surgery. I just asked her about the operation and she said it was minimal discomfort as long as it is done with a scope. Hurt for a day or two without pain killers. Take care.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I'll do itfor you I have a scope and Nitrous and we can suck that little bugger out of you in no time and still have time for a drink! kidding take it easy afterwards... best of luck...Rick

·
Premium Member
13,992 Posts
Mine was done January of 2020, overnight stay at the VA Hospital and it took awhile for the incision spot to completely heal, all is good. I really didn't have any symptoms, but during a whole body scan, it looked like it had stones or some kind of mass in it, so about a week later, out it came.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys wheres the This Suck icon lol

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
i had mine done a few years ago;
it was supposed to be an overnight stay with 3-small holes/incision but it got complicated;
10-day stay in hospital, didn't eat till i left on day 10...
lost 10-20LBS. was on light duty for a couple of weeks...
i was really sick...
hope yours goes smooth without complications (y)

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
my wifes son had his out.he was in and out same day.i will say this,the sooner they do it in the day the better your chances of going home same day.one thing he has said is he can't eat real spicy food like he used to.

·
Registered
Malibu Beater Joe
39 Posts
Like VinceS427bb same thing last October, was to be same day in and out, but complications (an extra duct), stayed 3 days, 18 hours after I went home then had to go back in for another 14 days due to acute pancreatitis (stones passed thru), lost 30 lbs. Took me 5 months to regain my energy. Thing was, I had been dealing with gallbladder attacks since 1996 and after repeated visits the only reason they opted to take it out was because of a few masses hanging on the bile duct.

Wishing you the best outcome!

·
Registered
731 Posts
what about using the new spyglass system to just remove the stone only? leaves gallbladder intact its a new technique by using a small snake down your throat. heard it works well. i have been contemplating a gallbladder removal myself but some people have had annoying side effects after removal which id like to avoid

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
Good luck Rick. Wife had hers taken out up here in the sticks & she's fine.

Reactions: shovelrick
1 - 20 of 36 Posts