Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/toyota-prius-sales-top-one-million-units/20080515063609990001

I know that sounds far fetched, but if you think about what cars have been hotrodded most in the past, it's always been the car that kids could get the cheapest - Model Ts, Models As, tri-fives, Hondas. And the cheapest cars are usually ones that had high production numbers, so when they have outlived their usefullness as transportation and are being replaced by newer modcels, they are cheap and plentiful.

Hotrodding a Prius, off the wall and out of the box from our big-block V8 perspective, but all that farfetched? Perhaps not.

· Premium Member
7,843 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm a BBC 8-71 Prius?

· Registered
2,796 Posts
Hmmmmmmmmm a BBC 8-71 Prius?
I like the way you think!!!! If you did, you would have the most controversial car of the decade! You'd definately make magazine covers, TV coverage, front row parking at ANY car show went to and be able to really PO some soap box tree huggers!

· Registered
15,131 Posts
I doubt they'll ever be "popular" hot-rods... the popular ones you listed all had a couple key differences; low maintenance costs, simplicity, and easy to work on.

When these cars get older, no kids will be able to afford to keep them running, much less stick money into making them faster.

· Registered
18,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt they'll ever be "popular" hot-rods... the popular ones you listed all had a couple key differences; low maintenance costs, simplicity, and easy to work on.

When these cars get older, no kids will be able to afford to keep them running, much less stick money into making them faster.
Good point.

Perhaps the hotrodding will entail yanking out the drivetrain and sticking something else in. Like perhaps the drivetrain from a 500 hp hybrid SUV :)

· Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
So in the future when you hot rod one and then you say you have an "amped up Prius" it will be more of a literal statement than a figurative one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.