Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
70 el camino 350,,, Upon replacing that worn out old cloth covered resistor wire, running from my fuse box to the coil, I decided to open up the fuse box and trace down some wiring.
Never seeing the inside of a fuse box, I broke out my assembly manual to start matching wires up with there perspective prong or plug. the harness on the left front matched perfectly with what the manual said,,The harness on the right front was a different story,, The only wire that matched with the manual was a 12 red, some prongs were even missing from the back of the fuse block ,Without knowing much about electrical,, I'm beginning to think its time i call in a pro to finish it up,, although ill miss my afternoon naps under the dash.
Any suggestions would be helpful
Dan

·
Registered
326 Posts
Personally I hate electrical problems. It is difficult when your car was changed from the original by the previous owner. If you can't figure out what that person did, take it to an electrical shop. First thing I did when I got my car I took my car to an auto electric shop and told them to rewire everything. I had them remove the alarm, change the ignition wiring, headlights, tailights, battery, starter. the works. After I was all said and done, I was very pleased with the results.

My headlights and tailights were brighter, back up lights worked. Engine started everytime (didn't before). Got rid of that alarm that was draining the battery (after 24 hours it would totally drain the battery). And the horn worked(woo hoo). Interior dome light worked too.

I don't remember how much it cost. Less than $200 I'm sure. Definately worth it I think. Saved me one big headache.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.