Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on a set of 67 442 bucket seats right now, and saw something I had never seen before.

a piece of steel used on the seat frame itself that has the same grain "stamping" on it that was done on the seat backs and side skirts- But its only on one side of the seat. Other side is a normal smooth piece of steel.

Bizarre!

·
Premium Member
1,484 Posts
Yes, I've seen that too, I think the mill used cuts of embossed metal to make the small pieces.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
A recent set of original '69 Chevelle bucket seats we restored had about 20 hog rings on EACH listing that pulls the seat cover down to the springs in the center of the seat. Multiplied by 8 listings. And most of those rings weren't even hooked around the springs. Normally there are 4-6 rings on each of those listings. The only thing I can figure is that it must have been a "new guy" just learning how to assemble upholstery to seats at the factory. Or maybe he/she was having a really bad day. Hands were pretty sore after trying to get in there with a side cutter to cut ALL those hog rings.....:eek:

I've seen that on other bucket seats too, but not nearly as bad as these particular seats were. Next time I'll get a pic.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts