Team Chevelle banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, my name is Dennis and I live in Barrington Illinois, and I own the "Red" Fuller Chevelle. I see some old posts on the forum (2006) that another person named Dennis (AlasakanChevelle)? also owned the car previously. I purchased it from The LeMay Museum in Washington State about a year and a half ago, at an auction. It has 31, 400 miles on it and looks fantastic. It's obviously been well taken care of since it was completely restored sometime in the 80's as I was told, and it has held up beautifully. It has a short (bad ground I'm sure) in the emergency flashers, but otherwise looks and sounds great! If anyone knows how it ended up at the LeMay museum, I'd be very interested, I'd like to keep the chain of ownership current, and accurate.
Dennis

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Pardon my ignorance but what is a "Fuller Chevelle"?? 🤔

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Nice car and thanks for explaining... but... I've never heard of that car before . :censored:

Claude.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Here is a link to the Fuller convertible.

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts
Hey Dennis, I just stumbled upon this thread doing some research after speaking to you. Good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing the car and meeting you in a couple of days. You will be right at home here as well as my shop where you will be amongst several other LS6's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice car and thanks for explaining... but... I've never heard of that car before . :censored:

Claude.
Hi Claude,
What I was told about the "Fuller Chevelle", is that Bob Fuller from Iowa, walked into his local Chevy dealer and ordered two new LS6 Chevelle's; One was a triple Black 4-speed Convertible that he rarely drove at all, and one was a red with black stripes and red interior automatic that he drag raced for a couple of years. I now own the red one, I bought it from the Lemay museum in Washington State, it has been completely restored by a previous owner. I don't claim to have all the details correct as some things get lost in translation, so any errors in my description are unintentional.

Thanks
Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Dennis, I just stumbled upon this thread doing some research after speaking to you. Good to hear from you and looking forward to seeing the car and meeting you in a couple of days. You will be right at home here as well as my shop where you will be amongst several other LS6's.
Thanks Rick, I look forward to meeting you, checking out all the cool cars, and getting your expert review / thoughts about my LS6!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome Dennis, there are a few guys on here that are close to you. I'm in Crystal lake, and we have members in Volo and lake villa, that I know of.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
Hi Claude,
What I was told about the "Fuller Chevelle", is that Bob Fuller from Iowa, walked into his local Chevy dealer and ordered two new LS6 Chevelle's; One was a triple Black 4-speed Convertible that he rarely drove at all, and one was a red with black stripes and red interior automatic that he drag raced for a couple of years. I now own the red one, I bought it from the Lemay museum in Washington State, it has been completely restored by a previous owner. I don't claim to have all the details correct as some things get lost in translation, so any errors in my description are unintentional.

Thanks
Dennis
Thank you Dennis for explaining. You have a one-of-a kind Chevelle! It's definitely a ''keeper'', hang on to it! (y)
Claude.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Dennis, there are a few guys on here that are close to you. I'm in Crystal lake, and we have members in Volo and lake villa, that I know of.
Excellent news! When the weather breaks, and if we're ever allowed by our wonderful Governor to hold car shows / events, I'd love to meet you guys and talk cars!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts