Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what color are the wires that come from the feul tank sending unit and ground on the tank then end up at the gauges? thanks

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
I think you need the info for your 70? If so, there a tan wire that goes from the fuel sender to the fuel gage. The fuel sender, in the tank, gets a ground from a short black wire that screws to the frame in front of the tank. The gage black wire ties to the other grounds under the dash.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so to wire in a new fuel gauge, just cut the tan wire for the sending unit, and cut the black wire for the ground? make sense?

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Boduke
Your 70 fuel gage has 3 wires on it if that's the question. Black is ground. Tan is sender. Pink is 12 volts. The 70 uses a 0 to 90 ohm sender. If you use an aftermarket gage it has to be compatable with the sender. Otherwise the fuel reading will be off.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i got an autometer gauge. it is compatible. i have power from somewhere else-all the new gauges power is routed through a block, then 2 fuses before it plugs into the fuse block. so the 12v is covered. hopefully this will work. thanks for all the wiring help john. im almost done with all new gauges-comeing from a extremely butchered original wiring. thanks nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts