Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i don't have the right throttle cable on my 502 so i don't have wot could this create a fuel delivery problem i have a lokar cable but it's not installed yet just wanna know from somebody with experience has anybody installed a throttle cable where you have to cut it if so what is the process of doing this it's a 36 inche cable to big how do you cut the cable and how do you know where to cut it i've never done one so i would appreciate some input from someone who has done this thanks jim

·
Registered
480 Posts
Jim, not being able to open the throttle blades all the way will be just like pushing the accelerator down 3/4 of the way. You just wont have maximum performance. It won't fix your starvation problem. It may actually make it worse if you fix it.

I've never installed a Lokar cable but I have installed others. I can't tell on summit's website how the cabe connects to the carb link stud. Is it crimped on, or is it adjustable?

cable

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.