Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching an couldn't really find anything recent. In my experiences most if not all aftermarket sending units are pretty inaccurate and can be a real PITA to get adjusted properly if at all. So before I enter H-ll I figured I would ask here to see if anyone knows of one that works out of the box.
Thanks in advance for any input good or bad
馃嵑

Premium Member
I went through 3 AC Delco made in China sending units and none of them worked in my 70. The float wouldn't float in the gas. I got real good at syphoning out the gas tank and removing and replacing it. I finally got my money back and went to NAPA and got one there. That was 13 years ago. It works fine and is as accurate as the original was.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim, Stock tank
Red rocket,
Thank you for the response, my concern is that was 13 years ago, in addition the one they are currently showing is a Spectre unit which has been hit or miss with the ones's we've installed, more miss. And yes the fill and drain routine is a time consuming royal PITA :(
George, thank you as well, I will call them and ask about the accuracy :) I will admit the 40.00 price is of concern ?
thanks for all the replies 馃嵑
Tim

Registered
1970 Chevelle, MJ 467, 600hp/600tq, Moser 12 bolt M22Z muncie
Do yourself a favor and get a small inline fuel pump. Put large alligator clips on the wires, mount the pump on a piece of wood and get the appropriate sized fuel line. It will drain the tank in 5 minutes, no more siphoning.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks John, that is exactly what I have done for the last 20 or so years. Still a PITA though ;) 馃嵑

1 - 8 of 8 Posts