Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey

i just got a dakota digital dash installed, and now i ahve to do all the calibrating and things like that. And one of the things i have to do is the fuel sender, and choose which one it is. What kinda of fuel sender is standard in a 68 chevelle? they give me three choices so i dont know which one to pick. On another note, with the dash came a gear shift indicator, but the problem is that my transmission space is to small to install it with the parts they gave me? is their anything i can use that would help me mount that peice onto the transmission? Also i have pop doors installed now, but the problem is, how to find a clamp of some sort to pull of the door handel part, because DD didn't give me anything to use, thanks for the help

dustin

·
Registered
543 Posts
Dustin,
Are you saying that the Dakota has a switch to choose which send you have? If you have set it to 0-90 ohms and you still have a problem, I'd check sender wiring. BTW, are you doing your testing with a normal battery/engine running setup? I learned some suprising lessons on testing a re-wiring job using a battery charger for the 12v supply. It really messes up electronics!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts