Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
I think the flow would be difference. A long time ago I had a fuel filter(clear type) with 1\4 fitting. I put my first cam in. It was great,, but a friend to me to go get a regular ole 3\8 fitted El'cheap'O filter. And it did make a differance. Especially at higher RPM.
Not exactly what you are asking,,, but trying to help :) .

·
Premium Member
2,719 Posts
The 1/4" opening is what will restrict the flow, but as mentioned, it depends what you are going to do with it. What I do is never have any part smaller than the size you feel you should have....in this case, if you're going to run -6 fittings and line (3/8"), then make sure nothing in the path is less than 3/8".

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the info.

In my quest for a new fuel pump I was looking into the Carter 120 gph set at 7-8.5 PSI as it uses the current fuel fittings I have now.

Guess I'll need to find someone that makes a barbed 3/8 NPT fitting....

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Thanx for the info.

In my quest for a new fuel pump I was looking into the Carter 120 gph set at 7-8.5 PSI as it uses the current fuel fittings I have now.

Guess I'll need to find someone that makes a barbed 3/8 NPT fitting....
I have some...

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Hhhmmm how much? :)

Doesn't look like Summit sells any....sure see alot of AN to hose barbs.....
See the other post on Fuel line size.............I included pics of how a 172 pump looks with 3/8 line. I used braided line, which I highly recommend if you don't care too much about the look compared to a rubber line.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.