Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not going to be running the emission stuff on my '72 402. What should I tell the parts guys I need for a fuel pump on my motor? I already went in and they gave me one with a gold anodized can on the bottom and an extra line hookup that looks like it was for something to do with the emission crap. Should I ask for a '70 396 fuel pump??
Thanks Chris

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
That second fitting is the return vent line that goes back to the tank.
Does the fuel pick up at the tank have more than one fittings on it ?

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That second fitting is the return vent line that goes back to the tank.
Does the fuel pick up at the tank have more than one fittings on it ?
If I remember correctly it had 3 fittings, but could be mistaken. My tank has the extra fittngs on it. I was told by another TC member to stick a small filter in the one that goes forward and hook up the other ones to that emmission box behind the rear seat.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If you don't want to run a return line, tell them you need a fuel pump for a 69 Chevelle with a 396. I just bought this same pump for my wife's truck. Ironically, the one that was for her truck, didn't fit! It bottomed out on the frame rail. Go figure.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more thing- I am ordering a fuel sender as well and he wanted to know if I needed a return line. He said they make them with and w/o the return. I want one with correct? Why would I want one w/o a return?

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If you get the the pump without a return line, it's a little silly to have a sump with one, don't you think? The extra line is going to be O.D.F. (out 'der flappin')

1 - 8 of 8 Posts