Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing new fuel lines in my Chevelle while I have the body off. I have run them all the from front to back and am now at the rear shock tower. Original ran around the shock tower and was attached into a bracket then took a turn back to the inside of the car. As you can see from the pic, I have crossed in front of the shock tower but I have not turned it back. Do I need to wrap it completely around the shock tower or can I simply run a hose from the fuel pickup in the tank to the line as it sits now?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZO4siKYL3khMNE5YzilRMNMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=embedwebsiteFrom Chevelle Problems

·
Registered
802 Posts
The original fuel line went around the shock tower, not on top of it as in your picture. Don't believe I would set it up that way, I can't say if it is okay or not but GM obviously did it that way for a reason. Seems it would have been cheaper to do it the way you are looking at doing, less bends.

My 2 cents for what it is worth.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bart. Thanks for the advise. I did try to set it up around the shock tower like it came off. As you can see from the pic, it does goes up and onto the shock tower. I think you are right..there was a reason for the bends so I should put them in.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I ran mine around the shock tower as per original.

One consideration is location (and proximitiy) relative to exhaust.
Another is protection from flying parts if bad things happen.

Your line looks like it could be kinda close to the exhaust pipe.

Also consider where the rubber line is running in this too.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
To me I think it would work, but I'd put a 90 degree bend towards tank, I usually install a longer rubber line then stock, use brass fitting for good hose connection and install my fuel filter back there for less clutter under hood. Jay

Check my photobucket for some of my engine compartment pictures....Try to make them clean by hiding wiring, lines ect Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts