Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I "think" my fuel injectors are clogged or bad. What are the signs? This is what is happening... I get a rough idle at start up, more in the morning. So this evening I went out and took of the air cleaner top to see the injectors. Well from what I saw, they weren't praying a perfect funnel like what the Saturn I had did. It was also EFI (tbi). They spray down, but then some of the spray is going off to the side. I'll try to draw it...
[___]
'''''''''''''''
' '''''''' '''
' ' '''' ' '
'' ' '
' ' '

Instead of....
[____]
''''''''''''''
''''''''
'''
'

It kind of sprays down, but then off to the side and hits a bolt over there, wasted fuel. Any ideas? How long do fuel injectors last? I have ran 2 bottle of fuel injector cleaner in twice!

Ron

------------------
1989 Chevy Suburban/454tbi/2500/4x2/3:42;G80/F&R a-c/K&N air filter/180* Thermo Stat/70 Series FlowMaster; 3" pipe/10city;13 highway

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is not the vortex set-up

------------------
1989 Chevy Suburban/454tbi/2500/4x2/3:42;G80/F&R a-c/K&N air filter/180* Thermo Stat/70 Series FlowMaster; 3" pipe/10city;13 highway

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Have you changed your fuel filter? My 90' 4.3L fuel filter was so plugged that it did not leak any fuel when I disconnected the line from the fuel filter to the engine. With the new filter, fuel was able to flow through the filter and out the other side until I reconnected the line. Defininte improvement.

------------------
64 Malibu SS 327
Parting out 1965 El Camino
Instructions?...all I need is the exploded view

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Replaced it this spring (March or April) It only has a few 1,000 miles on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.