Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this might be a stupid question, but i was wondering, in general, what would be a better thing to concentrate on upgrading and tuning first, air/fuel delivery or ignition system. this would be for a fairly average SBC. assuming both are pretty much stock, what should i worry about first, getting new plugs, wires, coil, etc.. or new carb, carb calibration kit, K&N filter etc. thanks, i know this is a broad question but i just have the urge to buy something new for my 72 malibu and not too expensive, and was wondering what my best bet would be. thanks again, bman

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
bman040,

If your car is in stock condition and you have an urge to spend some money, no doubt about it, spend the money on primary and secondary ignition. Your car has points and condenser, not as good as high energy ignition. Either convert your distributor or buy one with HEI. Get a higher output coil, change ignition wires to 8mm silicone, put in a new set of spark plugs. The car will perform completely different. After this upgrade, consider fuel delivery, if you really need it.

Sounds like your asking the right questions, good luck.

------------------
Joe Giniel
72 Chevelle SS
Team Chevelle #143
Aces #03056

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.