Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am restoring a 69 SS396 and am not sure about fuel clip color. Originally it had the return line and they are green. Eliminated the return and now have single 3/8 line. Were the single 3/8 line clips green also or another color. Used the search and could not find a definitive answer.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but if they need to be painted anyway, why not try to paint them the correct color. When doing everything yourself and in no big hurry why not do some research on this wonderful site and try to make it as correct as possible. Nobody but me:). Don't have the original numbers engine, but still want it as correct as possible. This is one of the things that is making this project so much fun. Don't want to just spray away and hurry it together. Only want to do it once with no regrets later on.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
I'll try to remember to ask my friend, he just finished a 69 375 horse car, which would have only one 3/8 line.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I just checked mine that I took off last week off of my 69, a 12,000 mile West Texas car. They are zinc primer-toned green. The brake clips are anodized gold.

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After further investigation this is what I came up with (for those that care). My 69 SS had a 3/8 with 1/4 return, they were olive green. A 69 parts car I have had for 3/8 clips blue, 5/16 clips olive green, and 1/4 clips appeared to be gold cad. A 70 parts car I have had 3/8 blue, 5/16 flouresent green and had no 1/4 clips.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
I finally got ahold of my friend yesterday. Clips for the single 3/8 fuel line are blue. The car scored 985 at Vettefest, and they did not deduct for them, so they must be right.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Some of these clips are still avail. from GM. I got some last yr. while doing my wife's '72 Nova ( the blue ones). Might still have the pkg. around to give you a # if you need it. As is usually the case, the part #'s have been superceded..just in case you are trying to use the #'s listed in the Assm. manual.

·
Premium Member
8,636 Posts
I believe the different colors were for production purpose.... colors were for line sizes. Some of my LS-5 brkts. Were painted Olive Drab, " Hobby shop " mini spray cans.
Bob

·
Registered
13,007 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
Yeah but if they need to be painted anyway, why not try to paint them the correct color. When doing everything yourself and in no big hurry why not do some research on this wonderful site and try to make it as correct as possible. Nobody but me:). Don't have the original numbers engine, but still want it as correct as possible. This is one of the things that is making this project so much fun. Don't want to just spray away and hurry it together. Only want to do it once with no regrets later on.
Nothing wrong with your thinking Ron, good for you :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.