Team Chevelle banner

Front to rear console- split buckets

1074 15
Has anyone here ever done a front to rear console with a split bucket in the rear? I've looked and really found no info on the subject.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
12,714 Posts
Try finding a car that came with that set up, look in JY's pull the interior and make it fit...?

·
Premium Member
20,534 Posts
Dale, did you build the 67, that's somewhat the look I am going for. what were the rear seats out of?
I had it done locally about 20 years ago. IIRC, both front and rear came from a Grand Am. The console was hand-built from wood and had front and rear compartments. The rear 'flame' had a headlamp behind it I could turn on and the upper 'bump' contained a third tail lamp. It was my daily driver for 17 years, the last 5 in more or less this configuration. Only saw a trailer twice3 in its life; once for a broken rear u- joint just after I bought it and once to get the exhaust built after installing the 396 at home in my garage.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks pretty cool, There are a few Grand am's in one of the local yards that are plentiful, I'll have to check and see what I can get them for. I have an idea of what I want to do just need a little direction
on what would fit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts