Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I foolishly removed the front sway bar during my attempt at a frame off restoration without taking a picture of the grommet position before removing them. My question is does the grommet lay flat (horizontal) in the bracket or upright (vertical) ? The brackets appear to be slightly misshapen and they seem too long horizontally and too tall vertically for the bracket. Any pictures or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.:hurray:

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
On my web site chassis pictures, its a 69, but same deal I would think, anyway pictures # 9, 10, 15, 30 42, 45, and 59, show you some of it.

Hope this helps.

Rob

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Rob- Your CHEVELLE has a beautiful frame!!
If you pay ME $200 I will take it off your hands.

Are you talking about the sway bar bushings?

If thats what you are talking about, they go vertical. A trick I learned it is take a bolt that is longer than you need and start that bolt in the holes until it puts pressure on the bushing.
Then on the opposite side of the bracket you should be able to start your correct lenth bolt. (you could use a jack is you wanted) Then once you have that bolt in by a few threads take out the first bolt and insert your other correct sway bar bolt.

Sounds confusing but it works.

·
Premium Member
8,794 Posts
Bri, send me your bank account number, and I will send you a check for extra to cover the shipping, then cash the check and send me the balance, is that how that goes:) I'm doing the bottom of the body right now, and I want that to turn out a lot better then the chassis, that was a hurry up job.:)

Rob

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Bri, send me your bank account number, and I will send you a check for extra to cover the shipping, then cash the check and send me the balance, is that how that goes:) I'm doing the bottom of the body right now, and I want that to turn out a lot better then the chassis, that was a hurry up job.:)

Rob
Lol, scam...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.