Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen:
I just purchased the front shoulder strap option (code A85 ??) for my '72.
However, my 1972 Fisher body manual does not show the exact location of the belt retainer clips that mount on the rear lower interior panel?

Does anyone have these installed on their convertible that give me some direction (photos?).

I believe these details may be in the 1970 or 1971 Fisher manual, since some refernences are made to these in my 1972 edition.
Thanks in advance.

------------------
72 Chevelle Convertible (all SS options, no SS badging)

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still need help!
Thanks

------------------

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Come on.
I know someone has a '70 or '71 Fisher Body manual to help me out?

------------------

·
Premium Member
7,104 Posts
I've got the Factory Assembly and Fisher Body manuals for 1971. The Factory Assembly Manual doesn't have any illustrations for shoulder harnesses in a convertible for 1971. All diagrams say "except convertible".

The Fisher Body manual refers to the option in 1971 as "AK1 SEATS-Seats & Frt Shldr Harn-Dlx-F/B". There are no diagrams.

I'll bet that you won't find it in the 1970 manuals either. Sorry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I own a 70' convertible, and have a 70' factory assembly manual. It says "except convertible" in this type of application. I must admit that I've seen many a 70/71/72 drop-top in my day, but none with shoulder harnesses. I don't think I knew it was even possible to put them in. Pardon my stupidity if they CAN be installed. Steve

------------------
1970 Chevelle Convertible

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a 72 convertable and there is no location I have for mounting shoulder harness. I had a 71 hardtop and know the location you are speaking of but my convertable does not have one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.