Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frame off '69 El Camino. Lowered 3" front/rear. PST Polygraphite bushings front/rear, Polygraphite body mounts. Now for the front shocks. Adjustable, Gas, ??? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Rears? We have Monroe Air Adjustables on the rear. Now we are double shocking with a set thru the coil springs. Any ideas??? This setup will be stiff, however, it will cruise at a high rate of speed and corner well on the Highway(s). It is being built for that purpose. Thanks, Richard and Judy White, MAXX2

------------------

·
Registered
337 Posts
Im doing a frame off on a 72 chevelle SS
I went with a set of KYB Gas A Just shocks, i just installed them about 3 weeks ago . but the body is still off the frame so I cant tell you how they handle or feel, but I know they are extremely stiff. so if you're looking for extreme handling i would say that is the way to go.
Good luck>

Jeff

·
Registered
485 Posts
MAXX,

How did you go about lowering your car 3"? I am wanting to do the same thing. I too would go with the KYB shocks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Pat Kelley,

Are you not satisfied with the way your 66 is handling with the KYB's?

[This message has been edited by William Roche (edited 07-06-99).]

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used lowering springs. We didn't convert to disc brakes/lowering spindles. Why? Several of our Chevelle friends have used carbon/metallic brake linings with super excellent results. Maybe at a later date we will convert? Don't know!. We did however use complete stainless steel lines/rubber hose replacements for everything. We didn't mention in our original posting(s) that front suspension (tie rods, center link, etc) are also new and gloss black powdercoated. Make sure to use stainless nuts/bolts/washers/clips, etc. Well worth it even if you are not doing a "frameoff".

Thanks,

Richard and Judy White, MAXX2

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We used lowering springs. We didn't convert to disc brakes/lowering spindles. Why? Several of our Chevelle friends have used carbon/metallic brake linings with super excellent results. Maybe at a later date we will convert? Don't know!. We did however use complete stainless steel lines/rubber hose replacements for everything. We didn't mention in our original posting(s) that front suspension (tie rods, center link, etc) are also new and gloss black powdercoated. Make sure to use stainless nuts/bolts/washers/clips, etc. Well worth it even if you are not doing a "frameoff".

Thanks,

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks,

------------------

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.