Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a place to get a good quality rebuilding kit for my front end I bought 1 years ago for my Camaro but forgot where I got it do not want polygraphite MIKE

·
Registered
63 Posts
Mike-
Call Summit(800-230-3030) and tell them what year your car is, they can get you setup with an Energy Suspension brand polyurethane kit.
Catalog shows 67-72 A body front control arm set is $60. Rear control arm set is $75.
Also offer a full kit for $231.
I haven't replaced mine yet, so, if anyone else out there has gone this route, I'd like to know about any dis/advantages to polygrahite over polyurethane.
Good luck!
Rob
1BADS72

·
Registered
100 Posts
Polygraphite is a little slipperier than urethane-fewer squeaks. The word is that graphite also gives a little more so that the ride isn't as stiff. I have not noticed much difference on the cars I've done both ways. If you want stock stuff, Kanter has some good kit prices on good quality stuff.

------------------

·
Registered
150 Posts
Polygraphite is better, IMHO, but if you are looking for either stock replacement or the polygraphite kit, try PST. They can be reached at 1-800-247-2288. Order a catalog, or call for pricing.

I have installed both styles of their kits a number of times and they are very complete, and of excellent quality. Their service is top notch also. I have their polygraphite kits in my wife's Mustang and will be installing one in my Camaro within the next month, when time allows. (BTW, I know the wife's car is not a Chevy, but at least I got a Camaro, and my 6yr old son has a 70 Chevelle, so he'll be brought up right)

·
Registered
42 Posts
if you are considering converting to polyurethane you might want go for a ride in a car with it first. the first thing i noticed was how much more you could feel the road. i mean alot more. it took a couple of days to be sure the wheels weren't going to fall off. the street in my neighborhood are in bad shape so that didn't help.
i used hotchkis a-arms and PST for the lower bushings and am happy with the results.
be warned urethane bodymounts are for racing only and will rattle the fillings out of your teeth.

·
Registered
321 Posts
What John E said about feed-back from the road with Polygraphites is no joke. I've put about 500 miles on since my front end rebuild and I am still occasionaly startled "What's that noise, what's that vibration?" You can feel the road like braille. Takes some getting used to.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys I was leaning more for a stock rebuild I hoped someone put together a good package (quality & price ) MIKE

·
Registered
150 Posts
Like I said above, but maybe not clear enough:
PST offers a stock replacement kit and it is an excellent kit, I have installed several of them with no trouble. Their service is excellent as well, free shipping in US, prices are very decent.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't know what year your car is but I have a set of new rubber front upper and lower control arm bushings (I changed my mind and went Poly) for a 69. They are round not oval. Make an offer I am not using them.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have poly front controll arm bushings, solid motormounts, and after Christmas will have poly body mounts, and rear control arm bushings. I love them. I guess it all depends on what you do with the car. I drive mine everyday to school. I also like to be in touch with the road. Everyone said that the bushings would be rough, but it just plain felt better. Just my thoughts- Jason

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Installed the full PST polygraphite front end kit with KYB's all around, new rubber bodymounts (GM originals) haven't done anything to rear axle bushings yet on my '69. Car rides smooth and firm, no squeaks or rattles even on bumps. Corners great!
Now, my daily driver is a '92 Astro van and wife's car is a '94 Camry, so I'm used to a firm ride.
My .02,
Rich

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.