Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am rebuilding the front suspension on my 68. All new hardware. My local parts store sells Dana Corporation ball joints for twice the price of McQuay-Norris ball joints. Are the Dana ball joints worth it?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Does not seem right that they would be so different in price, as both companies are old-line manufacturers. However, neither is well known for ball joints. I do not think that I would pay extra for a Dana joint over the other. They are probably both good parts.

·
Registered
283 Posts
before you get "store bought" try these people Northern Auto 1-800-831-0884. Prices are vary reasonable.
Harley

·
Registered
124 Posts
i work in a frt end shop,we put alot of frt end parts in. in our expierence moog hold up the best,the danas should be quite a bit better than the mcquays. ive also seen alot of mail order kits that will act worn out when new. i always put moog in mine,just my opinion. troy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks JWagner, Harley and Troy for the responses. Harley, Nothern Auto deals McQuay-Norris ball joints for a good price. I think the cost savings will outweigh any/if any sacrafice in quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.