Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I know these are stops, but does anyone have the correct term, or better yet, know where to purchase them individually? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Actually not "stops" at all. They are commonly referred to as plastic "slides" or "rides". They CAN be removed intact if you use a pick and work carefully. The replacements don't look exactly the same:

I was sure I saw these in one of the bigger vendor's catalog when I was doing my door windows but I can't find it now. I found the picture above at John's Classic Cars and Parts:

Chevelle Parts | Classic Car Parts |Online Catalog | Restoration Parts | Door Glass Plastic Rides- 4 pieces Set

Update: Found a set on YearOne's website (no longer available):

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-72-chevelle-monte-carlo-el-camino/sgr682#prettyPhoto

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually not "stops" at all. They are commonly referred to as plastic "slides" or "rides". They CAN be removed intact if you use a pick and work carefully. The replacements don't look exactly the same:

I was sure I saw these in one of the bigger vendor's catalog when I was doing my door windows but I can't find it now. I found the picture above at John's Classic Cars and Parts:

Chevelle Parts | Classic Car Parts |Online Catalog | Restoration Parts | Door Glass Plastic Rides- 4 pieces Set

Update: Found a set on YearOne's website (no longer available):

https://www.yearone.com/Product/1964-72-chevelle-monte-carlo-el-camino/sgr682#prettyPhoto
Awesome Chad, Year Ones were discontinued, but I put what you said into eBay and got these :)

68-69-70-71-72 CHEVELLE GTO 442 GS GM F A-Body Door window glass guide ride NOS | eBay

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Very nice. Those look exactly correct.

I'm a little confused by the ad's pictures that feature Inline Tube. Inline Tube has their own store on eBay and this isn't it. I did look in their current Chevy catalog and they list the part (pg 265, P/N INL11109) but it looks exactly like the picture I included above, not like the originals.

Great find. I actually ordered one of the NOS-looking sets myself for a future project. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,327 Posts
Very nice. Those look exactly correct.

I'm a little confused by the ad's pictures that feature Inline Tube. Inline Tube has their own store on eBay and this isn't it. I did look in their current Chevy catalog and they list the part (pg 265, P/N INL11109) but it looks exactly like the picture I included above, not like the originals.

Great find. I actually ordered one of the NOS-looking sets myself for a future project. :thumbsup:
MotorcitySuperCars is an off shoot of Inline Tube. They must have changed their name it used to be MotorcityMusclecar. My 71 Malibu had the parts with the legs sticking off them. I got them from OPGI but they say their discontinued.

Reactions: SS Chad

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Exactly right, Hank. I got the package today and it's Inline Tube P/N INL11109. Although the picture in their catalog (and included in the bag of parts I received) matches the picture I posted above, the actual ones I received look exactly like the ones in my 69.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,327 Posts
Exactly right, Hank. I got the package today and it's Inline Tube P/N INL11109. Although the picture in their catalog (and included in the bag of parts I received) matches the picture I posted above, the actual ones I received look exactly like the ones in my 69.
One thing you might want to consider is never give them a bad review. I had ordered quite a few parts from MotorcityMusclecar and on a couple of parts I gave them a bad review and now they won't sell anything to me anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts