Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to convert my 67'chevelle 2 dr hardtop malibu front drums over to disk. I know there is conversion kits that you can buy but thats to expensive unless someone makes I resonable one at a decent price. I thinking more towards getting the disc brakes off a car which would fit on my 67'.
It would great if anyone could give me any information regarding this topic. I would really like to know if theres a car where I can use it's front dics and put them on my car.THANKS for any help.

G

·
DMC, do a search on "disk brakes" and you will find lots of info, I know 68-72 is a direct bolt on and some later model Camaros could be used with minor mods. I THINK they were the same for 64-72' but I'm not sure.someone will be able to correct me if I'm wrong,I just bit the bullet and purchased a complete kit.a little more expensive,but I knew what I had would all work together.If you do the front disk/rear drum conversion,remember to get a proportioning valve for a disk/drum setup,or you will not enjoy braking.

------------------
Michael
T.C. member # 758
ACES member # 4292

project>> 69 malibu convertible in pieces
>>----> love to bowhunt<----<<

·
Registered
299 Posts
DMC
The disc brake swap I did on my 65 Chevelle, I used all the parts from a 70 Chevelle doner car. I swaped all the front suspension and power booster and pedal, cleaned, painted, rebuilt, all fresh, then did the swap in an easy weekend.
Gene

·
Registered
6,826 Posts
You can use the disc brakes from these cars.

1967-72 Chevelle, 1970-72 Monte Carlo, 1968-74 Nova, 1967-69 Camaro. 1967-72 Pontiac GTO/Lemans/Tempest, 1967-69 Firebird, 1969-72 Grand Prix. 1967-72 Buick Skylark/Gran Sport(GS)/Special. 1967-72 Oldsmobile 442/Cutlass.

Nate

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
DMC,
There's place called Inline Tube out of michigan. They have a disk brake convert with all the hard brake lines in stainless for $1055. I thought that was a good deal

------------------
Thanks In Advance!
John Corbin Member #313
67' Chevelle Malibu(Someday):D, NOT I will have a funeral for the Mailbu as a organ donor for my new 67SS396!!!!!!
Deltona, Florida
E-mail anytime,If I can help I will do my very best!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.