Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 66 elky what bolts have to be removed and where are they in reference to wheel well etc. to take off the whole front end at once? I have been told there are 2 on the radiator support and 4 - 8 on the firewall. Does anybody really know?

------------------
Jake
Member#354
66El Camino(In progress)

·
Administrator
16,196 Posts
There are 2 on the radiator support, 1 or possibly 2 on the inner fender where it is attached to the firewall these will be in plain sight from underneath and have large washers behind them. And an upper and lower attaching point at the rear of the front fenders. If everything lines up well now, I would place each set of shims in a small bag and mark where they came from.
It is easier to lift off the front clip if you remove the hood separatly.
The wire harness can be removed at the bulk head connecter and left attached to the lights, horns, ect.

------------------
Philip Valentine
Lakeside, AZ
Team Chevelle Member #42 GOLD
[email protected]

·
Registered
423 Posts
Here is what is on my 65;

First off are the two that go into the radiator core support.

On the others, I'll refer to one side at a time.

At the top rear (adjacent to the door) of the fender, there should be three bolts. Two of them are accessable from within the engine compartment (one points downward, the other toward the rear of the car). The other bolt is accessable only when the door is opened (it points toward the center of the car).

The last bolt is at the bottom of the fender, near the door. It points upward. You get to it from under the car.

As 64elcamino said, keep track of all of shims and their locations!!!

------------------
Wes. Vann
Technical Reference & Wagons sections
Gold Member #5

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Thats my job tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
Make sure you remove the (battery) ground strap strap on the passanger side frame rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.