Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is it that some 67 chevelles have a slit all the way across the front bumpers at the level of the parking lights and others have only a partial slit? Thanks Slime

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've never seen a "split" as you've discribed on a '67 Chevelle, but I tend to think it's a Beaumont bumper or from a Buick, Olds or Pontiac???

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60 trans
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not split but rather a slit or small opening running from one turn signal to another or in some pictures it only goes a little ways from the turn signal towards the center of the car. Clear as mud? Thanks for the response. Slime

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
My 67 doesn't have a bumper, yet. I have been looking and I do know of the slit you are talking about. All the 67 bumpers I have seen have the slit all the way across. On the 66, however, the slit does stop in the license plate area, doesn't go all the way across. Since 67 bumpers are hard to find, perhaps you saw some 67's with 66 bumpers on them.

------------------
Pat Kelley
66 El Camino, daily driver
67 El Camino, STRIP/street

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering, I have a Paddock book and the pic on the front looks to me a 67 and it has the small slit while some pics I have looked at on the net have the large one thanks for the reply. Slime

------------------
Steve

·
Registered
994 Posts
A picture can be worth a thousand words..... yet other times it's not worth $.02 That is to say that sometimes pictures can be decieving. Maybe it's just a photo tuoch up error? IMHO

------------------
Lowered '67 Elcamino
ZZ430 eng / 4L60 trans
"Canyon Carver"

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys I looked closer and the picture on the catalog is of a 66! My mistake. Thanks for the replies anyway.

------------------
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.