Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a front brake kit for my chevelle. After getting the front suspension and mocking it up with my 15in wheels I realize I don't want to get rid of them, they make the car and look awesome. That said I need a front brake kit that will work with the AFX spindle, adjustable upper control arms, and global west lcas, and of course a 15inch wheel. I know I'll have to pay a premium but I also read that a 12 inch rotor will work in most cases. I was looking on jegs and all their wilwood kits come with hubs too, which I obviously don't need as the spindle comes pre-assembled ready to go.

Anyone have any links to what would work for me? Preferably through jegs/summit or someplace I can order online.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
you need to do a lot of research to see if that is all going to work. since youre running the ats spindles, you need to run corvette brakes. the chevelle stuff will no longer mount up. youre best bet is to run a kit that uses the c5 or c6 rotors and calipers. but, i believe the caliper offset is a little over 3/4" on the c5/6 stuff (you can check kore3's templates). this means that your calipers stick out 3/4" past the wheel mounting hub. i dont believe that the stock chevelle calipers stuck out any at all, but i could be wrong. if the chevelle stuff had 0 offset, i dont think your wheels would work with the new brakes.

again, this is all off the top of my head, so i may be wrong.

Tim

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think there is a 12 inch kit that fits the spindle baer or wilwood maybe. Call Tyler at ATS or Marc at SC&C.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just call Tyler at ATS... He was working with a couple manufacturers to get the best kit available for stock wheels to work with his product...

Contact Information

American Touring Specialties
3685 S. Highland Drive Unit #10
Las Vegas, NV 89103

Phone: 702-245-6305
24-Hr Fax: 720-533-5293

E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
125 Posts
The only one that fits some 15" wheels are the SSBC brakes. It is a 12" rotor, 4 piston caliper PN A123-21.

Tyler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.