Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out more details about a friend of mine that was killed Saturday. I met him while working on my Chevelle as he ran a detail shop around the corner. He was 24 and this was his first business and since I've started a few businesses he was always picking my brain. I liked him because he was willing to put in a full hard days work to get what he wanted.

Anyway, there is an investigation ongoing, so I don't want to say too much, but it looks like the guy killed him because my friend wouldn't (couldn't) give him $1500 to pay his child support to stay out of jail.

I can't believe there are people like this out there. How can you put your hands on someone and kill them?? I know for a fact he wasn't shot, so it was up close and personal.

This just makes me sick... And the worst part is that it makes me want to find and hurt this guy. Violence and revenge go completely against everything I believe in. So not only am I upset at what happened, I'm upset and how it makes me feel...

Sorry for the rant, but I just needed to get it out of my head.

David

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts
Sorry to hear about your friend David. It's a screwed up world.

I think I'd feel the same way you do if it were a friend of mine. The good thing is, Your here ranting instead of hunting the little weasel down. Lets just hope that he gets what he deserves.

We just had a 18yr old kill a 17yr old around here. Apparently, It was an on going feud and they had fought before. This time the one brought a bat. It seams that people have no respect for life any more.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
Wow, this is what happens when somebody goes off. Now we have a real tragedy with the unconscionable murder of your friend, plus the murderer will pay for his anger the rest of his life.

Only 24 years old and a hard worker, such a shame. My condolenses to you plus his family.

I went to college with a guy that kept pestering my girlfriend to go out with him. Finally, she told him that she’d meet him downtown (she had no intention of doing it). The next time he saw her he sort of mockingly put his hands around her neck and said that she’d stood him up. Later that same guy after being rejected by another girl, his soon to be ex-girlfriend, dug a pit in a place called the Devil’s Punchbowl. He then waited outside her place for hours until she came home from work. He went in with her, argued, then killed her with his bare hands. It was a bloody scene. He dragged her to his car in a sleeping bag and took her to the grave he'd already dug for her body. That sure sent a chill down everybody’s spine! He thought he’d get off on an insanity plea but instead got life. Within 2 years he hung himself in prison at age 24.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
i've been around this type of stuff, most of my life. it's wierd, some of the people you'd least expect, just go off. i'm sorry your friend got caught up in somebody elses drama.

you never know what somebody is capable of, some of the meekest people, become hero's in time of need, and some of the sanest people, stoop to really amazing lows, when cornerd by thier circumstances.

i went to school with a serial killer. also went to school with a guy who killed somebody in a fight. on top of that, the hill side strangler and his f-d up uncle ate lunch in my restaurant almost everyday. i also met susan smith's m.i.l. my brother also killed a man in a dubious situation, and all these things have one thing in common, it just doesn't make sense.

it seems the respect for life just keeps waining. this man had no reason to end the life of your friend, and he's effected so many lives in the process, your friends familiy, and all the families envolved will be affected deeply.

in this day and age, everybody wants to be a bad ass, not many take responsability for thier actions. if you can't get what you want, screw, beat, or kill it out of somebody. ethics are going to the wayside, frequintly blamed on society itself, addictions, parents, etc. i'm sure this man will not stand up in court and take responsability, he will blame it on everything but himself, the actions, decisions, and chosen path he took to get where he is today, will probably never come up.

my thoughts are with your friend, and his family will be in my prayers....

·
Banned
9,472 Posts
Sorry about your friend. As a parent I feel bad for the child who will never see their father again or do the father/child stuff together that makes life wonderfull. This was a sensless crime for a very little amount of money. Sounds like the mother sent the messenger, I hope they are looking into that as well.

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
I dont really know what else to say but sorry to hear this about your friend. I would think that having rage type of feelings towards someone that could do that to another human being is normal. I can only imagine what the family felt like when they first heard of this. Anger first then comes the grieving. Although ill admit I cant really relate to any of this like you and Harley can.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Dave,

Sorry to hear that, I see you live in Philly. Hey neighbor! :)

Dan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts