Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may be old news to you guys but, on the corvette forum some of the guys discovered that you could call(248)475-7352 and give them the model of your car and they will send you a Restoration Package absolutely free. I just received mine for the vette yesterday. I also discovered that the previous owner of my SS must have done the same because I found the Chevelle restoration package in some of the paperwork that he sent with the car.

Like I said this may be old news to you all but if not, call and get it.

The number is for MSX, the contractor that handles this service for Chevrolet.

Regards,
Dwayne

------------------
my 69 vette & 68ss page
"You will keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you"

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Dwayne this may sound stupid but what is a "restoration package"? I have never heard the term b4.

------------------
1970 SS454 LS6 Chevelle, Damn! why did I sell that car?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Charbilly,
The Restoration Package is mostly a complete set of specifications for your paticular car. I just got mine yesterday and hav'nt got into it much yet. but, just thumbing through it, looks like some neat stuff , about 1/2" thick. Besides its FRREEE!
Call and get it...you wont be disappointed.

------------------
my 69 vette & 68ss page

·
Registered
319 Posts
hmm that area code is the same as mine. must be pretty close. i'll definitally give them a call.

------------------
Derek Ohlgren

68 El Camino w/ 307
Flamethrower tailpipes bring a whole new meaning to the term "rice burner"

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
Excellent Dwayne. I will look into it. Do I need to give them my vin# ( In other words is this package for my specific car?) or is this package generic for my type car? Thanks for your time on this. Bill

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I want one too.. I want one too.
Can someone order one for me too and send it to me??
Hell.. If it's free, I want the 1972 SS restoration package, the 1972 Malibu Sedan restoration package and the 1972 Conv.

I'll have a lot to read

I love reading about Chevelles.

------------------
1972 Chevelle Malibu custom 4dr
Restoration started: February 10th 2001
Pic 1 , Pic 2 , Pic 3 and Pic 4
TC member #1278

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by charbilly2001:
Excellent Dwayne. I will look into it. Do I need to give them my vin# ( In other words is this package for my specific car?) or is this package generic for my type car? Thanks for your time on this. Bill<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? 40 years of turning wrenches and you don't know about this?
(Sorry Bill, but you had that coming)

Seriously, They will ask for your VIN, but the information sent is NOT specific to your car. They'll send you a slew of info related to your year of Chevelle, but none of it will be about your actual vehicle.

GM-Canada can provide info about a specific car if it was produded in Canada, but GM-US does not.

For my 68, it was things such as order forms, pricing, dealer specs, etc. Interesting, but not much that I didn't already have thru collecting borchures and whatnot.

Definetely worth the price though, and also available for other GM's. We did it for our Vette too.

[This message has been edited by Byfield (edited 10-26-2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,136 Posts
byfield there are encylopedias of things that I don't know about cars. However there are a precious few things that I know very well and when people ask about those things I do my best to share my knowledge in as practical way as I can. With respect to this site recognize that I got off on the wrong foot and I am trying to rectify that. I really do enjoy helping others and I am definitely willing to listen and learn.

------------------
1970 SS454 LS6 Chevelle, Damn! why did I sell that car?

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Charbilly
Think Byfield was only trying to make a joke. Just don't remind him the California makes better cheese than Wisconsin.
we be cool
John

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
I ordered one for my 69' years ago. It had things like engine specs, paint specs, trans specs, cooling/radiator specs, color and option codes etc. I was surprised that even though it had specs for L34 & L35 there was no info for L78. When you guys get your packets let me know if they have added any info for L78. I doubt they have.
I think these packets were put together to try and apease all of us that wanted specific info on our particular Chevelle by vin no.

There's no ways they wanted to get into that even if the info was available.
We all know it's avail on Canadian built Chevelles!
This package is kind of generic but worth having in your personal files.

Fastss396man

------------------
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!

·
Registered
964 Posts
I ordered one for my 1970 Chevelle.It was nice,but made up of Xerox copies of the 1970 Dealer album and Price sheets with options as well.I already have those items so it wasn't as unique as I thought it would be.I do recommend to others.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970 L-78...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by charbilly2001:
With respect to this site recognize that I got off on the wrong foot and I am trying to rectify that. I really do enjoy helping others and I am definitely willing to listen and learn.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just making a joke Bill, nothing more.

There's no need for you to rectify anything at all, and least of all with me. Just keep in mind that many of us, especially myself, will take pretty much any chance we can to have some fun. Just look for the little smiley face
Without it, it's rudeness. With it, it's humor

And Wisconsin cheese is better than California cheese, as are our beer and brats. But those 3 things go a long way towards explaining why California girls are better

Kurt

·
Registered
375 Posts
I ordered one twice and never got one. Talked to two different people too.
Jody

------------------
jodysss396 (or Jody)
1969 Chevelle SS396
Fathom Green
Numbers Matching
TC member #921
A.C.E.S. #4348
Jody's 69 SS396

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Byfield:
And Wisconsin cheese is better than California cheese, as are our beer and brats. But those 3 things go a long way towards explaining why California girls are better

Kurt
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well oh yeah!
*kicks sand on Kurt's nicely pressed puce Dockers.*
And just how do you Wisconsin guys keep the udders from freezing?

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Anyone know if this is the same package of info that comes in the GM Canada documentation package?? I got a big photocopy of all the options/specs for my year car. Is that what this is??
Ron

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
the cover on the one I got states "specifications". So it's probably the same. It looks and reads much like an A.I.M maunuel. bout a 1/2" thick.
Also includes a booklet which gives a list of Licensed GM Restoration parts supplier & Extended storage info. etc.

Dwayne

------------------
my 68SS

[This message has been edited by New68SS (edited 10-28-2001).]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.