Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's alive...again :rolleyes:

What started out as a 454HO that morphed into a cammed-up ZZ454, is now an AFR 305cnc chambered, 105cc angle milled chambered monster - well at least it sounds like it. All that remains of the crate motor is the shortblock, that was plate honed and decked .020. I had to order the through-head piston cutter to open-up the piston notches a bit.

I ran 1.8/12.1/115.7 with 5 bent valves in the ZZ454 format. Any guesses for ET's/HP for the new combo?
Combo:
454, AFR 305's cnc chambers, angle milled, 10:1, HR 231/239 .6/.6 110lsa, 1.7 roller rockers, HEI
air-gap, 870 Holley, 2" Hookers.
22" muffs, 3" exhaust, 5spd, 3.90's

Here's a clip, although, its a little dark and the exhaust sounds abit strange b/c I have my 22" muffs band-clamped right to the collectors so I can drive this to the shop and have my new Flowmaster 3" system installed. I'll get another clip together tommorow, but boy is the throttle response KILLER!

http://s134.photobucket.com/albums/q116/VGIORDANO_2007/?action=view&current=8987d37b.pbr

·
Premium Member
9,522 Posts
If you get it to hook you'll need a roll bar, sounds good!!

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
NICE Vince! :thumbsup:!

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Sounds Excellent!

·
Premium Member
7,984 Posts

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
Tell them the truth Vince. Have to let the cat out of the bag - I lent him my special high output radiator cap. If it wasn't for that, his motor would sound like an old Ford Tractor!

Seriously, does sound real good. Never really realized the difference a set of heads with valves that seat will make on a motor compared to a set that does not seat well.

Took a good look at the fiinished product today, looks good also. A shame that the #7 header tube got smashed during shipping though, if I didn't know better, would have thought someone took a big ball peen hammer to it and took out half of their life's frustrations on it.

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Sounds good! :thumbsup: Get that wrench off of the ground. AFR's huh? OK.....let's race.:D
Your 454 with TKO stick vs....
My 454 with TKO stick.

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
I envy that!!!
soon......

·
Registered
276 Posts
I sure would like to line up against you Vince... Nothing like a close race.

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Good catch with the wrench being used as a camera shim! I need to get those muffs off the collectors before the packing gets burned up.

So wadda think Jim, HR 454/TKO vs SR 454/TKO? Mano a mano?

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure. Sounds like fun to me. :) You gonna make me drive all the way down to the Grove again, or are you coming up my way to Island dragway? :D

That's about 2.5 hrs from here...a little too far to get trailered home if I blow-up.

How about a quasi-virtual race...as in posting time slips?

How did we all ready talk about racing? I just fired up the motor less than 24hrs ago and I dont even have an exhaust hooked up yet. Your a bad influence Jim :D

·
Premium Member
4,811 Posts
That's about 2.5 hrs from here...a little too far to get trailered home if I blow-up.

How about a quasi-virtual race...as in posting time slips?

How did we all ready talk about racing? I just fired up the motor less than 24hrs ago and I dont even have an exhaust hooked up yet. Your a bad influence Jim :D

Quasi-virtual....that's no fun. I'll drive down to Maple Grove and we can go side by side. That would be a blast.
What's with the AFR's? I thought you had GMPP or Edelbrock before. You had aluminum before right?

·
Registered
14,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I did have GMPP's. But they needed valves, valve job, new springs, and Ti retainers. I put the $$$ to the AFRs. Hopefully, the'll make a bit more power than the GMPP's.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.