Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys gave me some good responses on how to paint the inside of my convertable frame. Thanks!!
Next question is what does chemical dipping and powder coating cost. Anyone know where in western Ma or Ct I could get it done.

------------------
Thanks,
Michael
Team Chevelle Member #136
71 Chevelle convertable
Westfield,MA

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I don't know what it costs up there, but down here in Dallas, Tx., it cost me just under 1 grand for both. The guys that stripped the frame eased my mind by giving me a tour of there shop and explaining how they actually go through the process. After the frame is dipped, they then rinse it by putting it in another vat of clean water. As soon as it comes out of there, they immediately blow dry it and put it in an oven until it is really dry. When it comes out of there, they then inspect it and spray it with a chemical developed by them that is water soluable, but won't allow it to rust. That way the paint shop or powder coaters can just wash it off, dry it again in there oven, then paint or powder coat. When taking my frame to the powder-coaters, they knew exactly where the frame was dipped and how to handle it. The look was fantastic. So much so, that when I found the rearend I wanted, I had it done the same way.

Can't wait to get the '67 convt. running to show it off. Good luck.

·
Registered
278 Posts
My sandblasting and powdercoating deal was about $350 for both. Two different guys who work out the transportation themselves. The frame turned out fantastic, largely due to the fact that mine happened to be extremely undercoated. (I'd imagine from the factory.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.