Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place that sell frame repair brackets?

I have a 1969 chevelle with a buggered up rear lower control front bracket that needs replaced.

Brackets like these;
1st pic is looking from center of car at bracket
2nd pic is looking toward front of car from rear.

Attachments

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,422 Posts
If you can't get a bracket from some one maybe you could try this. How is the hole on the other side where the frame is. Does the hole that's elongated look like it has any part of it that is not worn. I was thinking maybe you could get a welder with a mobile set-up to come up and weld the hole in enough where its bad and then you could regrind the area and the hole to fit the bolt close again.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know I could repair it myself as I have done this type repair before. Just hoping someone made new replacement repair brackets.

·
Registered
1971 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu
7,422 Posts
I know I could repair it myself as I have done this type repair before. Just hoping someone made new replacement repair brackets.
I think your only chance to get one is used I don't think they make reproductions of them. I also thought about the washer fix but you would have to spread the mount and weld the washer on the inside so the center section of the bushing doesn't go thru but I would still weld up the hole so the nut is on a solid surface too.

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,332 Posts
clean up and re-weld the fugly welding already there. weld a thick flat washer over the egged-out bolt hole. I would put it on the outside of the bracket so it won't interfere with the bushing going into the bracket. Be guided by the other side as far as centering the washer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts