Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a 67 Chevelle SS (L35), but it has an odd crack or bad weld on the frame. Photos attached. Possibly factory weld that is coming apart?
Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Alloy wheel Rim
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Vehicle door
Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bumper Motor vehicle
Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has seen this, what the problem might be and how concerned I should be. The rest of the car is pretty great. Thank you in advance for any input.

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I welcome any more posts, but really appreciate the information in the posts I have received so far. Big money on the car, and just don't want to regret it. But, as I said, it is a great car. Thanks all again,

JIm

·
Premium Member
4,310 Posts
That's no crack that is where the factory welded 2 pieces of the frame together. A lot of the welds on factory frames look like that.
My 11 year old grandson welds better then that. I have done my share of frame offs and never have seen poor welding like that. And if a GM guy did and the inspector missed it they should have been fired right after the welder

·
Registered
498 Posts
Assembly line interruption for an unrelated cause. Supervisor then steps up speed of the line to meet the daily quota. Workers have no choice but obedience and the weld got rushed. Daily quota gets met. Supervisor gets a raise and blames the shoddy workmanship on knuckle dragging union thugs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts