Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally have everything off the frame and have stripped the paint and rust and everything off of it. I used a grider with a wire wheel, but if I had it to do over, I would have rented a sand blaster, oh well. Anyway I plan on preping it and POR-15ing it this weekend and I had a question about the fuel line/brake line etc. clips that are still on the frame. They look to be riveted on. Does anyone know how to remove these and more important how to put them back on. I saw ones in the Y1 catalog but there bolt on? Any ideas.

I've got updated pictures of the resto on my site: http://users.snip.net/~chopperroxie

Also for you concours resto types out there. The previous owner had installed polyurathane bushings in the front and rear control arms. I want to keep them in but wasn't sure if this is a good idea because I do plan to show this car. Any thoughts having to have the correct suspension parts (ball joints, bushings, etc) I'd like to do it right the first time, but I also don't want to waste money either.

Thanks

Corey

66 SS396
71 307 (who's getting real jealous having to live outside now)

·
Registered
636 Posts
As far as the frame clips go. My 70 has bolt on ones, but that really does not anwser your question. Now as foar as the suspension parts go. I guess if you are POR'ing the frame you have already eliminated your car from the concours class, so I would say as long as the new bushings are in good shape I would not waste the time or money to change them out. Because most people will not be able to tell the difference just by looking at them. And besides if they are spending that much time looking at your bushings they really need to move on. Just a thought. Mat ACES #2424

------------------

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.