Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Dropped the tank this evening and to my surprise found the original build sheet. Its a Van Nuys car so theres no surprise on the location but I am surprised that it was (relatively) intact. The car is a 1970 13637 350/350 two barrel Malibu. Original color was Misty Turquoise with a vinyl top. I will post more pics after I find a way to get the oil/dirt off of the sheet.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Awesome find! I never found mine when I had the car torn apart.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I wish I had known of something to put on the paper to make it not crumble when touched. I found mine back in 1996 and it was really fragile. Yours might be even more fragile than mine, considering the age.

·
Premium Member
12,724 Posts
No build sheet here, only jealousy.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very cool!

Kind of jealous; mine wasn't above the gas tank a few years ago, I'm hoping some day I find it somewhere else (maybe inside the car where it actually has a chance of still existing)

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
Oh I'm jealous. I have a 70 Van Nuys El Camino and the car had never left the San Fernando Valley. It was in pretty good shape. So I'd thought I'd drop the tank to look for the build sheet. Well it wasn't there. While cleaning the tank to put it back up I did find a date stamp on the tank. 1971. Apparently a previous owner had replaced the tank and who knows where the build sheet ended up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts