Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to dreinecke for pointing me to American Graffiti. These guys make a pretty cool looking "Magic Box" to cover the hole made by removing the gigantic stock AC evaporator. Check it out...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=598601295&r=0&t=0

When I showed the auction pictures to my very proper, mild mannered wife, she exclaimed "Holy crap, that looks nice!" Wow, that was an easy sell, I usually have to beg for more car stuff
By the way, I am chevelle-guy on Ebay, the buyer.

I should get it UPS in a couple of days, I can't wait to install it. We just didn't need AC for evening cruising, besides we like to listen to the big block metal music with the windows down. This is exactly what I was looking for.

chevelles.com/showroom/gibbons68.jpg

[This message has been edited by gibbons (edited 12-03-2001).]

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
It seems to look good. Non-operational A/C is about the ugliest thing going in the engine compartment. Hope it looks good when it finally arrives.

Steve R

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received it, and I am impressed! You know how when you order some parts, and when you get them they are chinese junk and you would just as soon use your old original stuff?

Well, this piece is top tier stuff. I have been around boats and fiberglass all my life and this unit ranks with the best work I have seen. Wow! I can't wait to install it. I still can't believe my quest ended so well, and for only $129. Amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is Evan Wainwright with American Graffiti, and I just wanted to post a reply to Ken Gibbons. Thanks again for your business and if there is anything else we can do for you in the future please let us know, and for all you other 68-72 Chevelle guys out there if your tired of your A/C and want to remove it let us know and we can get you back in action for only $129.99 + shipping. Feel free to e-mail us with any of your Chevelle & El Camino parts needs.
Thanks,
Evan
American Graffiti

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
That looks very nice!

I was thinking of fabbing something, but now I'm thinking differently.

------------------
My Web Page (updated 11-24-01)

"America will endure!"

Chad Landry
TC Member #643
ACES Member #04556
'68 El Camino

·
Registered
920 Posts
Gib,

Glad to hear it worked out. The pictures looked very smooth. I've talked to them on the phone about 300 Deluxe parts, and they always know what I'm talking about. Now I just have to find the time to get up there!

------------------
David Reinecke - aka - FINE 68
1968 Chevelle 300 Sport Coupe Deluxe
www.geocities.com/jdreinecke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.