Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, yesterday i spoke to a fella who had a fulle monte dash w/guages for sale (w/out tach). i'm thinking about installing it in my malibu. the only problem is, it's green so i'll have to paint it. the guy only wants $35cdn for it (about $20us). is it worth all of the trouble to install it? has anyone had any problems doing this? my car is a 72 malibu and the monte dash is from a 1971. thx guys.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Good price but I personally cant stand the woodgrain insert but if you paint the insert your interior color, they are passable. Some say the insert is glued on some models so check for holes on the back to see if you lucked out.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
For that price you can't go wrong. Definitely worth the trouble. Some wood grains are attached with metal tabs through slots next to the air vent, others have a larger hole in the middle of things. Either way, you found a good deal!

------------------
Doug, Chevl71
Team Chevelle member #625
Gateway Area Chevelle Club member CM028

chevl71 homepage

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
72 dash has a seatbelt light that won't be in the 71 dash.

------------------
Steve Strasemeier (70SS 396, Fathom Blue/White Stripes)
My 70SS

·
Premium Member
2,658 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
that's $300-$400 worth of deal, GET IT, if you happen to take the insert off (wood grain) send it to me, i need a few to exparimnet on, i have 1 on my trueSS now but wanna try different colors/guages etc.

anyone have any let me know, if you just are going to pitch em, send em to me, i'll pay the postage.

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
Big Block Chevy.net
proud owner of this site

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow, $20 bucks! you stole it!

Jeff Litka
72 Chevelle SS
72 Montecarlo

·
Registered
337 Posts
Wow, $20 bucks! you stole it!

Jeff Litka
72 Chevelle SS
72 Montecarlo

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thx for the advice guys!...i scooped it up today and it looks great, only it's green...i made sur to get all the wiring as well, including the fuse holder...not sure if i'll even use it, but i didn't want to pass up a good deal...thx again

·
Registered
97 Posts
I got a monte carlo dash w/ guages and the wiring harnes. I pryed off the wood grain and behind it is a chevelle dash. The only problem is the might be about 5 holes drilled through the dash (about the size of a dime) that the wood grain pins went. I think only a professional could get the holes filled perfectly. I put tape over the holes and filled them with appoxy. Painted over it. One of the holes is right where the writing is for the wiper switch. It's not perfect, but it is a lot better than the standard speedometer and dummy lights.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.