Team Chevelle banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in very good condition, but it's a 4 door.
I don't really kow what kind of value those hold....but the interior is not bad, back seat is very clean, the front seat is ripped a tad bit but good. White with red interior.
has the 283....no SS, just a nice 4 door.
What do ya'll think? Should I get it?
VERY good price!
rachael anne

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh, the nice old lady also has a 1970 Caddy Sedan Deville...was her Fathers. In MINT condition in the garage. :D
Even has the Caddy plastic made to order seat covers...never had anyones butt on it.! Sheeeshhhh, wonder if she would give me adeal on both?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Rachael ............. if the price is right on the 66 ..... YES buy it ..... it would make a great daily driver :D

·
Premium Member
4,476 Posts
I can help fix that torn seat...

You know redheads helping fellow redheads... ;) (The bottom line, I think you should get it!)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Totally blitzed out getting the VIN, but it started right up and drove nicely.
Has a trunk full of rusted old hangers and a can of paint(?), she said she was using the truck as strorage since she quit driving it last year.
Give me your thoughts!!!

I am like.....do i need another car?

But, its a Chevelle, says so right on the front bumper!

Soon as I figure out how to get the pics loaded up, will show ya some shots of it.
thanks!
rach :waving:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Rach,
I love 4 doors!!!
If you don't buy it, I'd be interested in it...let me know. I recently sold my 5 door...so I got space...;)

·
Premium Member
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hiya Bill! :D

Wished I could of come to ya'lls show last weekend, bet it was beautiful! :yes:

I do think I am going to get the car, would be a nice driver when I don't want to use the truck, which sucks gas.
The nice old lady did call and the VIN is 136696A128013.
has some rust on it but not much. Is an Arkansas car, the first owner lived out in the country and only used it to go to church, I am not joking, this is what the OTHER little old lady said. She grew up in Arkansas and her brother found her the car in 1979, and she has had it since then. She is a retired English professor and it has all the decals from parking at the college!
Never been hit...just a few nicks and suck...all original interior.
Engine has been taken care of by a reliable shop in town I know of, will call them tomorrow. I found the ad in the paper, called the lady and drove right over. :D

any ideas on it besides BUY IT and what I should look for....please share!
thanks! rach

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Main thing it sounds like it's in decent condition mechanically.
Just look for the usual rust spots...floor (especially driver's side), trunk (look under the mat if there is one), around lower edges/corners of rear window, lower corners of windshield, bottom edges of doors, "doglegs" around rear wheel well openings,...
Good luck and enjoy your purchase!! Be sure to post a few pics.
Our '70 Sports Sedan (note color--shown in sig) is very quickly becoming my favorite Chevelle!!!
Been driving it every decent weather day...:thumbsup:

See 'ya in Nashville.

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Gobi Beige!! WHOOHOOO!
Which one ya bringing to CB?
See ya then!!!!:hurray:
Both '70s are registered for the show. :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.