Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's "possible" to get almost anything you wanted, if you were working with a dealership that was willing to manipulate the system. On the other hand, I've not seen that combination.

------------------
1970 Chevelle Convertible

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Cortez since you didn't specify Chevelle only I'll at least keep it GM. On Oldsmobiles (cutlass & 442's ) The only color stripes you could get were Artic white,Black,or Gold. Color of the stripe was generally 1. the same color of vinyl top 2.the same color as interior 3.color specifically ordered.

------------------
Philip Mullaly
72 TPI El Camino
The Z-meano
The Z-meano mill

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Forest Green - White stripes
Fathom Blue - White stripes
Black - White Stripes
Black Cherry - White stripes
White - Black stripes
Shadow Gray - Black Stripes

All other colors, the roof color dictated the stripe color. The stripe color was not a RPO.

·
Premium Member
5,015 Posts
I've seen a documented {build sheet and cowl tag} 1971 SS454 convert that was Forest Green with black interior, top and stripes. I didn't care for it, possibly the jackass owner influenced my feelings, though.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle
1970 El Camino (electrical system operating, Vortec engine just about to run!)

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
What has been said previously about stripes being assigned is true - white stripes on a Forest Green car. Vinyl roof colour affects the colour of stripe you get. There was also an obscure RPO; ZR8, which gave you the alternate stripe colour to the assigned one. I believe that option was available on all D88 stripe cars from '70-'72.
I have not seen a Forest Green Chevelle with anything other than white striping. I do remember way back to a 1970 Super Bee in my home town that was factory Sherwood Green (dark green) with black stripes. The stripes were almost completely invisible. I have seen original 1969 Camaros in Rally Green with both black striping and white striping; these sightings are going back 25+ years on original cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.