Team Chevelle banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
And for those who wanted to hear my cam at idle....i finally for together a small video for you. Its hard to hear the exhaust because of it being in a garage...and because of the gear drive. But i figured i would post for those thinking of a gear drive and wanted to hear what some say is an annoying sound....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4eHzyiBqek

Dont mind the camera moving across the table....

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a pete Jackson....and believe it or not but the timing is locked out at 38...and its a big GM starter....Its hard to tell from the movie but you can deff hear the jackson when you are infront of it...and its more or a choppy whine.... I guess it has to do with the idle.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I'll try to post a video at idle later on... i have a pete jackson gear drive, i do like it...but i dont drive the car everyday (it might wear on me after a while!)...i also have 3" exhaust, so i barely hear the gear drive in the car, only at idle... the car/motor gets its fair share of attention, its loud, thumpy, whiney etc.etc., i think people expect to see something more flashy under the hood than an alum. head SBC

here's a link to a moving video...cant hear the gear drive at all!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts