Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago you responded to my post on spray painting with eastwood spray cans. You suggested using Krylon High Heat Black #1614. This sounds like a good alternative. How close is it to underhood black. What primer did you apply? Any other advice on this is appreciated?

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Sorry to intrude, but Krylon 1613 in a perfect match for GM semi satin black(all under hood black) xcuse the butting in, hope this helps,
L89SEDAN

·
Registered
13,014 Posts
Thanks, that's good to know. I have used the 1614 for so long, so I will try 1613. I want the best match possible.

------------------

·
Registered
13,014 Posts
Chris, I replied to your ques the othe night and when I hit submit, it all got blown away. First of all I do not use a primer with the High Heat paints because the primer may not stand up to the heat and cause the color paint to chip off.
As far as prepping, I just use what ever is appropriate to get the metal perfectly clean and make sure all residue or film is removed. There are many parts/areas that I like to bead blast because it does an excellent job of etching and cleaning the surface and the paint adheres very well. I always paint my Chev engines with 2107 which is not as orange as Chev engine orange, but it is extremely durable. In the past for under hood black, I have always used 1614 High Heat black, but as you can see L89 says the 1613 is a better match to factory. So I will give it a try. I always like to learn new ways and new products.
L89,
How is the resistance to heat and the elements with 1613?

------------------

[This message has been edited by DZAUTO (edited 02-24-99).]

·
Premium Member
18,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for helping out DZ. L89 your intrusion was also very welcomed. Thanks to the both of you.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Have used it under the hood and all over, ie; engine brackets etc. no problem but It is not advertised as a heat paint, L89SEDAN

·
Registered
13,014 Posts
Thanks.

------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.