Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
If you watch "Overhaulin'" look at all the changes he makes to Ford and Mopar cars. When it comes to the Chevys he makes very little changes. Goes to show ya Chevys need little enhancement to look cool... :D

·
Premium Member
5,248 Posts
If you watch "Overhaulin'" look at all the changes he makes to Ford and Mopar cars. When it comes to the Chevys he makes very little changes. Goes to show ya Chevys need little enhancement to look cool... :D
Really? Every Chevy he has done has been a total recreation.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I've been saying for years that one of the big htree should grab him and let himn go. They'd have NOTHING to loose (maybe some lame designers).

I just wish GM would have got him first, but you know GM.........always last to the show, but with a good product.

Chip is the artist of our time. Think about it.....He's on TV a lot, he's known by millions and he produces something every day that ends up in magazines, TV and showrooms. No body else can lay claim to that. We are lucky to have him!

·
In Memory of Kevin
2,171 Posts
Chip is the artist of our time.
I think when future generations talk about the influence of people on them, Foose will be mentioned in their generation just as Von Dutch & Barris were mentioned in ours....... you will no longer be able to have a conversation about great car guys without mentioning Foose (and saying "Boyd? yeah, whats that guys first name again?")

·
Premium Member
17,924 Posts
his Learning Channel car makeover series, Overhaulin', has wrapped, and he's in talks for a new reality show on Discovery
Anyone see that little blurb in the article? Obviously it wasnt going to last forever. It hasnt been on every week with the other thursday night shows lately.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Is it just me or does Boyd seem like an A hole?
And do you guys think all these rediculous time lines he agrees to are 4 real or just what the producers make it look like.
Boyd > " Well Steve, looks like most of the crew quit last night. I know we are working on 10 cars right now but a customer call me last night and he wants a car for his wifes B day in 15 days. He also want two go peds that match this rusted out mustang we will be restoring from scrartch.
Now Steve rally the 3 remaining guys that work for me and get them out to the parking lot so I can do a burn out to get them fired up. We will just have to work harder.Now I gotta fly back to the sema show. I know we havent had a day off in 6 months and you 4 have not seen your kids, But whats important Is I look cool. " Is this stuff 4 real! Is he broke. No wonder every one Quits.
Then If they want to leave his sorry ass He and his wife give them the guilt trip.
Im self employed and you can only push the crew so far.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
Most of these types of shows now have the boss and employees bickering amongs themselves. I guess they think that people want to see them scrapping on Coddingtons show, and the bike building shows. Now Unique Whips is even doing it. A little friendly banter would be fine. Me, I switch channels or have stopped watching these types of shows all together.....and I'm a car guy through and through. I guess they do what ever it takes to keep their viewer numbers up. If I wanted a soap opera, I'd watch one. Heaven forbid.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Most of these types of shows now have the boss and employees bickering amongs themselves. I guess they think that people want to see them scrapping on Coddingtons show, and the bike building shows. Now Unique Whips is even doing it. A little friendly banter would be fine. Me, I switch channels or have stopped watching these types of shows all together.....and I'm a car guy through and through. I guess they do what ever it takes to keep their viewer numbers up. If I wanted a soap opera, I'd watch one. Heaven forbid.
Thats how I feel. Lets see how they make the cars. Not a soap opera that all week they edit events to hook you. Its BS !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts