Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used one of flowmasters exhaust pipe kits? I'm thinking of trying a 21/2 inch kit with 3 series mufflers on my 67 SS 396.Would like to know how they really fit first,thanks

·
Gold Founding Member
10,969 Posts
I'm very pleased with my Flowmaster Force II on my '68 Camino. Sum total of modification: Had to cut 3-4 inches off of right exhaust pipe to mate to header reducer. Left side perfect.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I too am thinking of getting the flowmaster setup. What is the price for the system on 69 chevelles? Anyone know?

------------------
Frank
69-454-456
Gold Member # 216

·
Registered
2 Posts
torque tech performance exhaust products 1-800-408-0016 makes exhaust up to 3 in. for just about anything we're ordering a set for a friend's buick gs 455. max

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did not use a kit, but I did have my single exhaust converted to duals with 40 series Flowmasters. SOUND GREAT. Ran about $300 for 2 Flows and 2-1/4" pipe from the manifold back, and Chevelle tips. Wouldn't use anything else...

------------------
D Smith
ALABAMA
1970 Chevelle 350

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ordered the flowmaster kit from jegs, it's around $280 with pipes, mufflers, hangers, clamps, and instructions, and installed it on my dad's 71 SS. Sounds great! I had to trim the front pipes about 8 inches (they make them longer for elky, sta wag, 4-dr, etc) but other than that it fit great. we'have had it for 3 years now, and it hasn't even started to rust. Can't beat it

------------------
Ian McDermott
1970 Chevelle SS 396
Gold Member #101
E-mail: [email protected]
Web page: chevelle.dhs.org
ICQ UIN: 3923441

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've got the Flowmaster kit on my 71. Kit number 17119. Easy as pie to install. Clearance is great. System is tucked up like a factory job. Sounds great!! Took about 2hrs to install.

·
Gold Founding Member
166 Posts
Does anyone have any information or experience on the potential to use any of these aftermarket exhaust systems (like Flowmaster)on later model cars, that have catalytic converters? Do the exhaust system manufactures make a product for a mid-70s Chevy? Is it feasible? Is it legal?

------------------
Larry
Gold Member #245
Seattle WA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.