Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my floor staple shifter yesterday. The guys that had it before me used a ziptie to hold the cable onto the shifter. :rolleyes: I looked in the Ground Up catalog, but the part that they show does not seem correct. Can someone let me know what to use - will a c-clip work? If so, does anyone know the size?

Is there any way to get something locally - other than a Ziptie?

Joe

·
Registered
720 Posts
Joe,
If you are refering to attaching the cable to the stud then yes a c-clip is what you need. Napa carries varius sizes of these. They are pretty cheap so if you can't take the stud in for the correct size just get a few different sizes. At the Napas around here they have a tray behind the counter with fasteners of all sorts to choose from.
Rob

·
Registered
584 Posts
Joe,

I ordered all my shifter parts from Ground Up and even though that clip doesn't look right it is supposed to be there and yes it does fit. When I first saw it in the catalog I had my doubts too but when I installed the clip on the shifter it fit perfectly. It's not an overly expensive item ($3) so I would give it a try. IT works!

Good luck!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the inputs! I will get a C-Clip, and next GU order I will add the correct clip.

Thanks Again!!!

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts