Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got home from work a little bit ago and have had something on my mind all afternoon. An older guy brought a '69 or '70 Cougar into work today(don't remember what year it was) and it was half way nice for a fo**
It had a built 302 and a 4-speed, and when I pulled it into the shop I kept thinking "man this thing sounds good". So I climb under it and SURPRISE! they are not Flowmaster's lol, (I have 2 chambers on my '68) But instead they are Flo-Pro's??? Hmmm Anyone have any experience with them? It's been killing me all night, for as good as they sounded on a little fo** 302, I thought they have got to sound wicked on a Chevy small block and especially a big block!. So tell me your experiences if you guys run these mufflers, like I said I have 2 chambers but I am kind of getting tired of them, tired of the "tinny" sound, that the chambered mufflers produce. Want more of the mean, classic "muscle car sound" so tell me your guy's experiences please, with Flo-Pro's and any other HIGH QUALITY mufflers that have the more classic mean muscle car sound. Thank You very much!

Jim(The '68 Malibu and SS396 Guy)

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
Oh my god Jim, did you just say you like something besides flowmasters??? I think hell just froze over
I never thought you'd crack!

I am curious to hear about these mufflers though. Were they a bullet style, turbo, or welded? Never heard anything aboug Flo-Pro's but they must be good if they're taking you away from flowmasters. Were they louder than your 40 series, or did they just have more of a rumble?

Hopefully someone knows what the heck these things are.

------------------
1971 Chevelle Malibu - 406 sbc TH350

Pictures of my '71 before I got it home
Pics of my '71 after I got it home
Picture of my 406 c.i. small block
Pictures of the frame, firewall and interior (in progress)
NEW UPDATED PICTURES (1/04/00)

·
Registered
196 Posts
I had some of those mufflers on my 69 ss396. They're a welded piece. They were alright, I would suggest getting some rhino mufflers. I switched to them when I had my system changed. They sound better to me. Nieghbor said they sounded better too!

------------------
69greenmachine2
69greenmachine3
69greenmachineengine
69greenmachine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, good morning guys
Adam you crack me up! Don't worry my friend, I doubt the two-chambers will go anywhere, you know how big of a Flowmaster fan I am! The ONLY thing I have never really cared for about Flows is that they don't really have that "classic muscle car sound" I only just peeked at the Flo-Pro's but they looked basically just like your standard turbo muffler, with a really shiny finish. At idle they were probably a little quieter then my two-chambers, but when the guy left....WOW! Those things would wail!!! I just wanted to find out a little more on these mufflers, I didn't really mean to imply that my Flows were going anywhere! Yes, Adam I think hell would truly have to freeze over for that! The ONLY thing I wish I would have done differently is to have gone with a little bigger of a pipe and ran 3 chambers, I like their sound a lot better even if it is not quite as loud as the two chambers.
Thanks for the replies guys, and as always, more are welcome

Jim(The '68 Malibu Guy)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.