Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you guys know what was wrong with my key minder switch under the turn signal switch in the steering column incase someone else has the problem.

I only had to bend up on the one contact where the key rides over it to close the switch. Over the years it must of gotten bent down and the key couldn't close the the switch.

The key minder switch just pulled out of its holder. You have to remove the steering wheel,two plates and loosen the turn signal switch enough to be able to slide out the key minder switch. Not a hard job. My car is a 69 chevelle.

Maybe this will help someone else
Jerry

[This message has been edited by c.c.c (edited 07-18-2002).]

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BB_Mike:
Our cars have key buzzers?

I may just look into that.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes indeed they do and I constantly get the "Dude, what the hell is that annoying buzzing sound?" comments. I disconnected it and reconnected it by accident when I was redoing all my underhood wiring. That damn thing drives me nuts!!!!!

Sounds like my laundry is finished everytime I have the doors open and keys in the ignition.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Oh great. You mean I should reconnect the lead at the horn relay and fix it properly? You're gonna guilt trip me into doing it.

------------------
Mark
1970 SS454 LS6 (nom)
TH400/4.10 posi
Formerly Cranberry Red now War Bonnet Yellow
-------------------------
"Fight Apathy - the disease no one cares about."

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by d1_bradley:
Yeah, they do. I remember when that was the first thing you unhooked when you bought a new car.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the first thing I disabled when I brought the 72 home was the seat belt warning system. Told the dealer ever time I hit a bump it would go off. They wouldn't do much about it so I unplugged the wires in the seat belt switches. May have worked OK with buckets but not with a bench.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts