Team Chevelle banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this intake setup from FiTech?

70071 Loaded LS1 Aluminum Intake Manifold 500HP Kit - (fitechefi.com)

I'm prepping an LQ9 for a 71 I'm doing for a customer and was going to go the Holley route, but this might be a cheaper and better option logically. They sell the whole thing with the controller and wiring for $1695 vs everything Holley would be close to $3000.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
11,012 Posts
I clicked the link, it says $906 for everything needed..?

·
Registered
1964 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu 4 door
2,578 Posts
Has anyone used this intake setup from FiTech?

70071 Loaded LS1 Aluminum Intake Manifold 500HP Kit - (fitechefi.com)

I'm prepping an LQ9 for a 71 I'm doing for a customer and was going to go the Holley route, but this might be a cheaper and better option logically. They sell the whole thing with the controller and wiring for $1695 vs everything Holley would be close to $3000.
They hit me in the feels on this one: " Forget sourcing mismatched parts and cutting and splicing old harnesses and re-flashed ECUs from Craigslist tuners. "

·
Premium Member
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I clicked the link, it says $906 for everything needed..?
that particular one is just the intake, fuel rails, injectors, and throttle body for 906.
they have a setup with the wiring and controller for 1695.

if I go holley on this deal, the intake, fuel rails, injectors, and throttle body total up to like 1400. Then another 1600 for the wiring and ecu.

·
Registered
72 nomad
243 Posts
I am using this with a holley terminator x ecu. Hope to run it later this year
I can't see a picture in the link but I got the tall truck manifold version for my wagon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am using this with a holley terminator x ecu. Hope to run it later this year
I can't see a picture in the link but I got the tall truck manifold version for my wagon.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
dont want to use the truck intake (that’s what is on it). It’s unsightly to look at in a nice car.
I may look for a corvette LS6 intake to use.

·
Registered
72 nomad
243 Posts
dont want to use the truck intake (that’s what is on it). It’s unsightly to look at in a nice car.
I may look for a corvette LS6 intake to use.
The fitech truck intake is a taller version of the ram manifold and I am thinking better for low end power. But I could be wrong on that and will find out sooner or later

Sent from my SM-T500 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Most of the metal intakes have runners under 8 inches. There is a dual TB Holley cross ram I believe has 12-13 inch runners. The short runners will give up loads of low end torque. For factory the TBSS intake is king. Plastic is the MSD and Fast 102.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts