Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had a day to go out without rain! After getting rained out 3 times prior I finally was able to make it to a dragstrip. All in all it was a good learning day. I didn't make any changes to the car other than launch rpm, just trying to get a feel for the car and all. I put a ptc converter in it, anti-roll bar, and a 28x11.50 QTP. I was expecting a slower et with a good mph and thats what I got. For me running the powerglide with this gear ratio (4.11), ptc said I would atleast need a 4.33 if not a 4.56 to get it to work. Also have a 400 turbo to run if I choose. I made 9 passes in all, mainly worked on my non-driving ability. Here was the best pass...

60' 1.52
330' 4.39
594' 6.37
1/8 6.80
mph 105.68

That was up 5.1 mph from my last quarter mile pass 1/8th mile interval when I went 10.80/126.8 at Gateway with the slipping torque converter. I never made any timing or carb changes, that will be next time. Ran 36 degrees and a Prosystems carb untouched (1000 cfm 4150). Hopefully I can get this sucker moving the first 330 of the track. Deciding if I want the glide or 400. Going to talk to PTC to see what they think. On this pass it pulled both wheels about 10" off the ground. Most other passes it was fighting the track. I will have some pictures and video later. I never ran the 1/8th before so I am not sure how these numbers are in respect to et/mph.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, what are you 1/8th mile guys running with that mph? How far off is that spread from et/mph?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any help here???

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
496?

·
Registered
673 Posts
SOMEDAY............... for now just a little pump gas 454.

now threadjacking aside, try Gateway, you know the track prep is good. 1.53 is good for 7.0's but you should be in the 1.4X. you had new tires, give them a chance to work for ya, by learning what they need to work for your combo, tire pressure, launch RPM ect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts