Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I bought an exact replica of the third car I owned (emotional purchase - probably paid too much). Hey, it's an A body :thumbsup:

It was my graduation gift to myself in Sep '71 and it later carried both newborn sons home from the hospital in '73 and '74 :crying:

http://10444.ecarlist.com/web/ebay_photos/29122649/

I now have replicas of the first thru third

1. 55 Chevy
2. 66 SS 396
3. 72 Cutlass

Not to mention my dad's first - a '37 Chevy Coupe

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Cool.....:cool:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Beautiful car with lots of originality, always liked those. It must have spent much of it's life somewhere other than Minn. Enjoy cruising back in time.

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Congrats, looks very solid,

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Nice! My 1st car was a 1971 Cutlass 'S' so I've got a soft spot for those cars too.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Cutlass arrived today. A few minor issues but I'm extremely pleased with the purchase. Gonna be a great grocery getter for under $10k

Oh yeah, found an old faded a pic of the original with me carrying the second newborn to the car. How 'bout them plaid bell bottoms. :surprise:

Attachments

Reactions: Steve R and 66 Bu

·
Registered
700 Posts
Nice Olds, I had the Buick version of that car (colour,vinyl top and all) back in 1981 when I was 21. Mine took a beating and ended up being junked. I wasn't nice to my cars back then. ;)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Nice car loved that body style. I also had that same pair of pants in 1973 -1974 high school year mine were blue lol

·
Premium Member
9,051 Posts
I like that car. :thumbsup: :hurray:Any A-body with a bucket seat interior takes me back and makes me think of both of the SuperSports that I owned in the 70's.
Just a word to let you know what I feel is a weak point of the Olds engine if it's an OE timing chain.I knew the owners of 3 different Cutlass's that had their timing chains jump or the plastic gear break away causing grief for them.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
if it's an OE timing chain.I knew the owners of 3 different Cutlass's that had their timing chains jump or the plastic gear break away causing grief for them.
Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup: Hopefully no problem since the car had a complete restoration in 2012

1 - 17 of 17 Posts