Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First pics of the color change. Still alot more work to go but she is in paint still trying to decide what wheel. Coys or Foose. Last pic is what she used to look like.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,594 Posts
Is that black I see? I love it!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope mine turns out that good! AWESOME!

What paint did you use?

What's your polishing details? -products, polisher, yourself or shop?

Steve

31chevy will have to answer those questions as I am a moron. I am just a smuck who loves these old cars and had enough money to buy one. Thank God for friends like 31chevy (Randy) who have watched out for me and try to show me all they can. You can literally stand three feet from the car and still see yourself like a mirror lol.

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Looks great!!!:thumbsup: I love the black with the white top and interior.:yes:

Yes the white top looks much better than I thought it would and there lies the problem. I thought I would hate it so plans had been made to replace it with a black top so we cut up about a half inch so our paint line would be under the top. Still I think a black car w/black vinyl top and white stripes / white interior will look the best.

This fall that motor is coming out and Randy is going to regasket the motor and repaint it. Then redo the engine bay.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I'll be quit the busy little FU#$%^ huh Frank.

I need to change my call sign as I don't have the 31 anymore...

RB AKA Randy Brooks
69 chevelle SS code 10/ BLACK 454 4spd
67 RS/SS 350 spd ermine white

·
Registered
676 Posts
Steve: I use 3m perfect it III with a foam pad.
I wet sand with 1000 grit with a twist.
On my sanding block I put a thin scotch brite pad between the block and the paper. The 1000 cuts quick, plus the S pad keeps from digging in, and also should a peice of debris get between the paper and the paint it will cushion it and not create damage to the paint. It also makes it easier to sand. Put some mild cheap ass dishwashing liquid in a bucket with the water and it helps the sandpaper glide alot easier. Those pics that Frank posted are 1000 grit and the 3M only. I'll use some 3M glaze after that and be done with it until it's time for him to wax....

Oh Franky's all right, I promised to be done in under 3 wks but the weather and my job is taking a bit longer.

RB.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Looks great. As far as wheels, Id say NO for sure on the coys unless its the ones with the gray center, but the gray with the white top im not so sure on. So between those 2 choices id say Foose for sure. If I would you though i would check out Budnik as an option, i would do one of there 5 spoke type designs but have them finish the spokes in a brushed finish and have the "hoop" of the wheel poished. Now that would look KILLER on that car. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks great. As far as wheels, Id say NO for sure on the coys unless its the ones with the gray center, but the gray with the white top im not so sure on. So between those 2 choices id say Foose for sure. If I would you though i would check out Budnik as an option, i would do one of there 5 spoke type designs but have them finish the spokes in a brushed finish and have the "hoop" of the wheel poished. Now that would look KILLER on that car. Good luck!

You sound anti chrome and to some extent polished lol. I spoke with Randy Coy and he said they will be releasing a black center with polished lip C5 in a few months so that might be an option but I have to admit I like chrome.

I have three choices. The Coys for 1200 in chrome 900 in polished. Foose Nitrous II's for 2000 polished or if you look in the wheel / tire section I posted a pic of wayne70 red Chevelle with BMW wheels that looks sick and they can be had for 594 on ebay from a co. called Factory Remanufacted or something similar.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
your right, not a huge chrome fan on hot rods, more into the billet look. Sounds like your budget isnt too tight, check out intro, billet specialties and budnik, they make some killer stuff!

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
your right, not a huge chrome fan on hot rods, more into the billet look. Sounds like your budget isnt too tight, check out intro, billet specialties and budnik, they make some killer stuff!

Oh the sky is the limit on what I can spend as long as the wife doesn't find out lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts